Thank You To Our 2014 Sponsors
Saturday May 10, 2014
Race our sweet 10 mile course in the seventh annual Treasure Valley Rally (TVR) at the 1600 acre Treasure Valley Scout Reservation. The challenging course has something for everyone including plenty of singletrack with just enough doubletrack mixed in and classic New England riding with long downhills, climbs, rocks, roots, and plenty of lake views. Bring the family for the discounted youth/first timers race, free kids races, and/or swimming at the beach and bring your appetite for the barbecue.
New date in the spring with no conflicts (that we know of!). Get out and meet the TVR challenge while you're still fresh in the MTB racing season.
Looking for some more great sponsors this year to help us meet our donation goals.
All The Details
- Register online at BikeReg.com. Or see the flyer for other registration options. Also, see the EFTA race page and while there, browse their site for racing rules, forums, category descriptions, etc.
Download here: You will need the Adobe Reader:
- Treasure Valley Scout Reservation, 394 Pleasantdale Road, Rutland, MA 01543
- Map Links: Google Yahoo Full directions follow at the bottom of this page.
Also see our 2010 Google race area map for info on parking lots, local lodging, race course access points for non-race day riding, and more. We will have an updated one for this year's race coming soon, but most of the info on last year's map is correct, except for the course details.
- Note: Treasure Valley Scout Reservation is private property. The owners are graciously allowing both the event and a pre-ride. Normally, however, you would not enter the trail network through the main camp entrance. However, there is public access to the land via the Midstate Trail (yellow triangle blaze) crossings on East Hill Rd and Browning Pond Rd. The primary concern of the landowners is preventing the public from encroaching on the areas of camp that have buildings, shelters, tents, etc., i.e. any areas of camp that the Boy Scouts will be using. The course does go through these forbidden areas of camp and thus the restriction on using the course only on race day. There are plenty of other trails to ride in this area that stay away from the camp. Please be respectful of this policy or we jeopardize any possible future events and mountain bike activity there. Thank you.
- Saturday May 10, 2014
- Onsite event registration opens at 7:30am, closes at 10:30am. Streamline your race day experience by preregistering online.
- Racing begins at 10am (youth/first timers race) 11am (main race) and 12pm (kids race) -- See full racing category and starting time details at the BikeReg page and on the flyer
- Event proceeds benefit the Mohegan Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Mohegan Council owns and manages Treasure Valley as a Scout camp and also hosts events open to the public like this race and Winter Trails Day. This event and its sponsors hope to increase awareness of the excellent resource that is Treasure Valley as well as generate interest in Scouting and mountain bike riding and racing. Funds raised will help with facility improvements to make the camp the best it can be.
Mobil (2mi north of TVSR on Rte 122, Rutland, MA),
Hess, Sunoco (7mi south of TVSR on Rte 9, Spencer, MA)
Still Four Corners (2mi north of TVSR on Rte 122, Rutland, MA),
Subway, McDonalds, Chinese, Big Y Supermarket (7mi south of TVSR on Rte 9, Spencer, MA)
Pine Acres, 508-882-9509
Pout & Trout Campground, 94 River Rd, Rutland, MA, 508-886-6677
Lake Dean Campground, 717 N Brookfield Rd, Oakham, MA, 508-882-3125
Coldbrook Resort & Campground, 978-355-2090
Bed and breakfast:
Rufus Putnam House, 508-886-0200
From the Mass Pike (Interstate 90)/Interstate 84
- Exit at Sturbridge Route 20 and go east. After approximately 1½ miles turn left on Route 49 toward Spencer and follow to Route 9. Turn right on Route 9 (east) and go approximately ½ mile to the traffic light and turn left on W. Main St (becomes Meadow Road) (on the corner there is a Big Y, Flexcon, Hess Gas Station and a cemetery). Follow Meadow Street approximately 2 miles to stop sign and turn left onto Route 31. Continue north on Route 31 past St. Joseph’s Abbey and the Black and White Restaurant. About ½ mile past the Black and White Restaurant turn left onto Barclay Road (a Treasure Valley sign is posted). Treasure Valley is 1 mile on your left.
- From Interstate 290 (from Marlboro and Route 495)
- Take Exit 18 (Lincoln Street) and follow signs to Lincoln Square (Route 9). Turn right on Route 9 (heading toward the Worcester Airport and Paxton). Follow Directions from Route 9 below.
- From Interstate 290 (from Auburn)
- Take Exit 17 and turn left onto Route 9. Follow Directions from Route 9 below.
- From Route 9/290 in Worcester
- Stay straight on Route 9 – picking up Pleasant Street (north)/ Route 122 toward the Worcester Airport and Paxton. Follow Route 122 past the airport, through Tatnuck Square. When you reach Paxton Center, you will see the intersection of Rte 122 and Rte 31 as well as a sign for Treasure Valley. Follow the sign by taking a left onto Rte 31 south. Follow Rte 31 for 2.1 miles then turn right onto Nanigian Rd. Follow Nanigian Rd to the end and turn right on Rockland Rd. Treasure Valley is 1/2 mile on your left.